Grassington Primary School was inspected by OFSTED on 24 May 2017 and they have agreed that Grassington continues to be classified as a Good school. The letter from the Inspector can be downloaded through the link below.
Amongst other positive comments the Inspector made the following comments:
- Pupils’ excellent attitudes to learning and good relationships with adults remain key strengths of your inclusive school.
- There is a tangible drive and sense of urgency to provide high-quality opportunities which allow pupils to thrive; an ambition shared by all staff.
- Pupils develop good citizenship skills.
- Pupils are very knowledgeable about bullying and e-safety. They understand how to avoid situations that may prove dangerous when not at school.
- The long-established culture of keeping pupils safe and putting them at the heart of this friendly and inclusive church school community remains very evident.
- The pupils with whom I spoke categorically stated that no bullying happens at Grassington Primary School, even if there are very occasional fall-outs between pupils.
- Pupils’ attitudes to learning and their work ethic are strong and play an important part in their accelerating progress.
- The school’s exciting and broad curriculum ensures that pupils have access to the local history and heritage of the area.