An introduction to our online payment service
What does ParentPay do?
- enables you to pay for School Meals and other items such as Breakfast Club, School Outings, Nursery Fees
- offers a highly secure payment site
- gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- allows you to create a single account login across all your children that attend a ParentPay school
- shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
- offers you the ability to set automated email/SMS payment reminders
How does ParentPay help you?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- stops you having to write cheques or search for cash to send to school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, there is no waiting for cheques to clear
- payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments up to the due date
- you will never need miss a payment, or have insufficient credit, with automated email/SMS alerts
ParentPay is quick and easy to use
How does ParentPay help our school?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- payments do not bounce
- reduces paper ‘waste’
- allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the payment card
- improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
- helps us improve school-home communication with its integrated email/SMS messaging centre
How do I get started?
We will send you an activation letter containing your activation details to enable you to set up your ParentPay account.
If you have more than one child at a ParentPay school/s you can add them to a single account, providing one login for all children at ParentPay schools.
More information can be found on the ParentPay website, alternatively contact Mrs Hardaker in the school office
When can I log in to my account?
Once you have received your activation letter from school with your activation login details you will be able to activate your account and start making payments. This letter will be sent to you soon by your school.
Which cards can I use?
ParentPay accepts MasterCard, Visa and American Express credit cards, and Maestro, Switch, Delta, Electron, Solo and Visa debit cards. Some schools may limit the use of credit cards for some transactions; you will be informed by the school directly of any such restrictions.
Is it safe to make payments on the internet?
Yes. ParentPay uses leading technology to process your card transactions securely. All communication with the bank is encrypted and neither ParentPay nor the school have access to your card details.
How can I check that it's secure?
Standard website addresses begin with http: the address for a secure site will always begin with https. You will also see a padlock at the bottom/top right of the screen on our login page and after you have logged into your account; never enter your card details or personal data on any web page whose address does not start https.
What about our personal information?
ParentPay holds a very limited amount of information about you and your child solely for the purpose of administering your account however; ParentPay does not use your personal information other than for supporting the school. We do not share or give information to any other organisations. We operate under strict guidelines set out by the Data Protection Act 1998.
ParentPay will NEVER contact you by phone, email or mail and ask you to divulge confidential information like passwords or card numbers. If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to be from ParentPay, please contact us immediately on 02476 994 820.
I do not have a home PC so how can I use ParentPay?
Why not visit your local library, internet café or see if you can get access to a computer at work. Alternatively ask if you can use your school’s computers. Many schools have computers available for parents and will be happy to show you how to use them.
For more information please visit www.parentpay.com